Friday 15 August 2008

Friday's Answered Question 3

Q. What do you write?

A. Not the most interesting question in the world, I'll grant you - but I do have to cover the basics at some point. It might as well be now.

Over the years I've written a bit of everything, and I'll probably keep doing that. However, at the moment I do have a focus on erotic romance stories - and those are the projects you'll be reading about on this site.

Saying that, within the scope of erotic romance, I've got series of stories that swing more towards the paranormal, suspense, crime, fantasy or comedy elements, so there is still a bit of everything going on inside my head.

I write about a 50/50 split between m/m and m/f stories - with occassional forays into f/f and a few menages here and there. The very vast majority of these stories contain some sort of BDSM (bondage and discipline, dominance and submission, sadism and masochism - if you're wondering).

Sometimes that means the stories are about characters who live the complete lifestyle, and sometimes it's just a game they like to play when they have sex. There are a few books where the kinks aren't so obvious - where the dominance and submission doesn't have a lot to do with leather and whips, but everything to do with the characters personalities and how they interact.

Despite the subgenres and the kinky sex scenes, they are all still romances with happy endings. I don't like reading stories where I cry at the end - I don't intend to write stories which make other people do that either.

Which leads me nicely on to the plug for next Friday's Answered Question:

Next weeks I'll be talking about what I don't write. Because some people have some funny ideas about what kink is.

No comments: