Wednesday 29 October 2008

Wondering about... deadlines

Very short post because it's almost midnight and I'm knackered.

I've always liked deadlines. If I just say I want to do something at some point it won't get done. If, on the other hand, I say I'm going to do it by the end of the month, I've got a much better chance.

The Stroke of Twelve went off today - my personal deadline for when I wanted to send one of the possible anthology stories off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it.

That also means I've started editing Secret Service ready for my next deadline - November 5th.

I'm also hoping to finish Between Tooth and Paw by the end of the month.

Deadlines are wonderful things when they work.

When they don't work they're a bit of a bugger, but over all I'm strongly in favour of them.

What does everyone else think?

Deadlines: love them or hate them?

No comments: