Wednesday 22 October 2008

Wondering about... free stories

I've got an idea. It goes something like this...

I'd ask people to send me prompts which could act as starting points for short stories. It could be anything from a photo, to a phrase, or a kink, or a location or anything else.

Everyone who sends a prompt in is then entered into a random draw to win a copy of whatever story I've got coming out that month. (Imagine for a moment that I have something released and on sale at this point, lol.)

Then, every Friday I would pick one prompt from all those sent in and post a story based on it - either on my blog or my website. (Haven't decided which yet.)

It could be called Free Friction Friday, or something like that.

So, what do you think?

Good idea? Bad idea? Doesn't make the slightest amount of sense?

I'm not sure which of the above catagories it fits into either, but it's an idea that's been playing around in the back of my mind for quite a while now, so I might give it a go soon.

...

Other news -

I'm on track to finish the first draft of The Stroke of Twelve (Possible Anthology submission) by the end of the day.

I'm not doing any editing at the moment, because all my energy is going into the writing, but I'll be back editing tomorrow - working on Secret Service (Another possible Anthology submission)

And that's it :)

No comments: