Saturday 21 February 2009

Um... it's not Friday anymore is it?

I had all good intentions about posting my Friday's Five yesterday. Then my internet connection crashed.

It was back up this morning, but I launched myself into my last edit of my anthology submission, so I'm actually even later posting here than a had to be. To make it worse, I can't remeber the five things I was planning to post before I went to be last night.

So I have a new five things -

Five quotes for writers:

1. "The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this notion rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn't require any." Russell Baker.

2. A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people. Thomas Mann.

3. Eighty-five percent of what goes on in a novelist's head is none of his business. Stephen King.

4. All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. Bobby Knight.

5. Finish. The difference between being a writer and being a person of talent is the discipline it takes to apply the seat of your pants to the seat of your chair and finish. Don't talk about doing it. Do it. Finish. E.L. Konigsburg.

I found way more than five quotes I liked, so there'll probably be more next week :)

...

Other news:

Writing: I'll finish the third Lust bite in my little collection of them today. I've managed to make exactly the same mistake on this one as I did on the last (large sections which should have been written from a different point of view). At least I'm consitant. Tomorrow I start work on the fourth and final Lust bite in the collection. Hopefully I'll find a different mistake to make on this one!

Editing: My anthology submission is printed out and undergoing proof reading. I need to write the synopsis and the blurb, make the proof corrections and I'll submit it to my editor tomorrow.

That's it.

Hope you're having a good weekend everyone :)

2 comments:

Merc said...

Quotes are always fun!

LOL, I'm amused at consistency here... yes, I've done similar things. :P Hey, at least we know how to fix such problems. ;)

Have a good weekend, and good luck with edits!

Kim Dare said...

Yeah, I seem to have a habit of making the same mistake on several projects in a row before I finally kick myself into gear and get it right.