Monday 22 December 2008

Even more memo: New Cover Art


This one is a bit special. It was the first story I sent to TEB, the first story I had accepted. And it's going to be first title I have released that isn't part of a collection or an anthology.

The cover is by Lyn Taylor, it's the first piece of cover art that I have all to myself and I love it so much. The man in the picture is Eric - and he's one of my favourite characters ever. He makes me smile every time I think about him.

I have two blurbs that go with this one.
Turquoise and Leather is the first in a series called Collared. This is the blurb for the series.

Leather. Latex. Silver. Gold. Ink. Velvet.

There are as many different shapes and styles of collar as there are people who wear them.
Protection. Possession. Dominance. Submission. Loyalty. Love.

Some collars mean it's time to play, others signify a life time commitment. A fun bit of bondage to one person can easily look like the kinky equivalent of a wedding ring to another. A gold necklace might look vanilla enough until you know what it means to the person wearing it.

But no matter what it's made of or what it represents. Collars are important. A collar can make or break the submissive wearing it - and the dominant who put it around their neck.

It doesn't matter if you are dominant or submissive. Everything changes once one person is Collared.

And this is the blurb for Turquoise and Leather:

An untrained submissive might not be what George wants, but Eric could be just what George needs.

George McAllister knows better than to hook up with an untrained submissive. He doesn’t have the patience to guide a novice through his first kinky experiences. His lovers have to know what they are doing and do what they are told. When he sees Eric dancing on top of a table in a kinky club, he assumes the beautiful young man is an experienced submissive. Then he sees the turquoise and leather on his neck and recognises it as a collar. Someone else already owns Eric. George has no choice but to walk away.

Eric Jordan doesn’t know much about kink and he has no idea why George is suddenly less than enthusiastic. But he knows what he wants and if he has to chase after George to get it, so be it. If George wants to believe the pretty bit of rock on his necklace means something kinky, that’s fine. But Eric doesn’t belong to anyone but himself and he won’t give up possession of himself for one night in George’s bed.

An untrained submissive might not be what George wants, but he could be just what George needs.

...

And I think that is it for today. I still have promo work to do, and my writing for the day, and it's just gone ten pm, so I'd better get to it!


4 comments:

Eco Minimalist said...

That was one piece of awesome cover art!

Congrats on your first only-yours cover art, Kim.

I'm so looking forward to this book - both for the cover (amazing body, much?) and the story. Lol.

Michelle said...

*claps hands* how awesome!!!!! Congrats. LOVE the cover.

Bronwyn Green said...

The cover art is brilliant, but the story is even better! :D

Kim Dare said...

Thanks guys :)

I do love this artwork so much.

I just hope Bronwyn is right and the story lives up to it now!