Hope you all had a great Christmas.
I was going to post something festive and seasonal and do a last plug for The Gift before everyone had their fill of Christmas and Christmas stories.
But my editor just sent me an e-mail to let me know that she's offering me a contract for the last story I sent in - In the Heat of the Moment! So excited about that. It's the tenth story I've had accepted, so I thought I should do a post to celebrate that.
Quite some time ago I posted five things I started books with. Now that I can add another five first lines to that, I thought that would be nice to add them all together.
So here are ten things I've now started stories with.
1. Flickering firelight lent an enchanting glow to Nicky's body.
- The Gift
2. Sheridan Haswell put a final touch of red paint to the heart on his left bicep.
- Secret Service
3. Zachariah Radcliff ran his fingertips over Charlotte’s throat, slowly tracing the line of her jugular.
4. The twirling spotlight hit the table dancer for one perfect moment.
- Turquoise and Leather
5. Luke Anderson was not going to come first.
- You First
6. “This is an incredibly stupid idea.”
- Between Tooth and Paw
7. "Don't waste your time."
- Silent Night
8. Brennan Talbot was not going to stare at his best friend's arse.
- Time To Do
9. “If you’re too prissy for a bit of kink—”
- Imperial Topaz
10. “I thought you’d like the look of him. Rumour has it he’ll do anything you want. Really—Anything.”
- In the Heat of the Moment. (No link, and nothing finalised so pretty much everything is subject to change at the moment.)
And that's it for now.
I'll post up the blurb and a little bit more about In the Heat of the Moment when I have some definite info for you.
Happy Boxing Day everyone!
Ops, almost forgot my other news...
Finished writing Parry's War yesterday. Planning to edit and sub that somewhere in February as the first in a new series.
Also started writing my new project - another M/m, BDSM novella for an anthology call. Hoping to finish the first draft of that by the end of the year ready to edit and submit either in January or February next year.