Friday 7 August 2009

Life Without Chocolate

There's a reason I haven't been blogging lately. It doesn't make the least bit of sense, but since that has never stopped me before, I'll share it with you anyway.

The first six months of this year weren't good for me health wise. 2009 didn't start on a high note and every day seemed to be a little bit worse after that. Painkillers got stronger and stronger and had less and less effect until the next one up was morphine.

I've had ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for years, but this was the worse I'd been in quite a long time. My energy levels got lower and lower until the only way I could get anything done at all was to put myself into a sugar high and try to get something done before I crashed back down.

My chosen method for getting that sugar high was chocolate - it's what I've always used when I'm going through a bad patch. The more ill I felt, the more chocolate I ate.

Guess what I didn't know until a few weeks ago? At some point in the last year or so I've apparently developed some sort of allergic reaction - either to cocca itself or on the the ingredients in chocolate. I effectively spent months trying to cure myself with the exact same thing that was making me feel so dead in the first place.

A month without chocolate and I feel relatively human! I never knew not eating something could make me feel so fantastic, lol.

I suppose that explains why I stopped blogging when I felt ill, but why didn't I start back up the moment I felt well enough? Well, the stupid thing is, I gave up my places on two blogs just before I tried giving up chocolate.

The small sane part of my mind knows it was giving up choc that made me feel better. But there some stupid bit that's convinced that if I don't blog, I'll continue to feel healthy. I told you it didn't make sense. Coincidences can be dangerous things, lol.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get over myself and get back into it now.

So, what have I been up to while I've been so quiet?

Two free short stories up on the TEB site - see post below for details and links on them.

I had a flurry of nice reviews - they'll hopefully be going up on a new review page on my website this weekend.

Bi Now, Gay Later - Book 5 in the Perfect Timing Collection was accepted by my editor. That's due for release April 2010.

And that brings me to my current wips:

Editing - I'm doing a few edits on Bi Now, Gay Later. Hoping to get them finished this weekend. I'm also hoping to make a start on the second book in the Pack Discipline werewolf series so that can go to my editor this month.

Writing - I'm working on the first in a new series of novellas - another shifter set of stories. It's going quite well since I gave in and let the characters change their names.

And that's it.

Take care all :)

No comments: