Friday 16 July 2010
Tell me something I don't know + a giveaway
I've just been tagged by the lovely Bronwyn Green for a meme. Apparently the meme says I'm supposed to tell you ten things you probably don't know about me.
Because I like giving away e-books, I'm going to run a give away at the same time. Just leave a comment on this post to be entered. (More info at the bottom of the post.)
Anyway, (with random pictures as and when the mood strikes) here goes...
1. I collect eggs. Not birds eggs, decorative ones. Last count I had 154.
2. I almost joined the army. I was in an army college when a knee injury made me unfit for service.
3. I can't function without post it notes.
4. At my worst point health wise, I didn't leave the house for over three years, and I didn't have a conversation with anyone outside my immediate family. I still sometimes struggle with 'small talk' as a result and worry that this makes me seem rude.
5. I really love the theatre. Especially Shakespeare and Musicals. (This is the last one I went to see - an early 27th birthday present from my parents. We're going to see HMS Pinafore week Saturday too.)
6. I'm dyslexic and find it almost impossible to tell the time on clocks that don't have all the numbers on the face.
7. I really love to crochet. My last three projects are below, along with one I'm just starting.
8. I've pretty much given up on ever being able to find adult shoes to fit me. (I'm a UK size 2).
9. I've only ever read 2 erotic romance e-books - both after I was actually published my. (I decided not to read any others until I got my own works in progress under control because reading other peoples stories tends to spark ideas for more of my own. One day I'll be allowed to read again, lol, but I'm not sure when.) Click on the links to find out more about the books.
10. Before I was ill, I was really into sports. I was school jr athletics champion for two years and competed in 100m, 200m, relay, shot put and high jump. I also played netball, volleyball and did gymnastics. I also got an A in Physical Education at GCSE after I fell ill (it seemed like a good idea at the time...)
And that's it.
I'm not going to tag anyone to do the meme. But as I said at the top of the post, I am going to do a giveaway. Anyone who leaves a comment on this post will be entered into a draw to with the e-book of their choice from my back list. (Or an IOU for a future release if you have all the back list ones you want.)
One winner will be chosen at random on Friday 23rd July and the results will appear on this blog.